Comment on page
Note: The contents of this whitepaper could be changed and updated in the future. Each section outlines a time-stamp of the latest update.
Having launched in May 2022 during Lens protocol’s mainnet launch, Phaver’s “Web2.5” mobile app allows anyone to sign up with familiar Web2 logins and no wallet allowing to onboard users to Web3 step-by-step. After starting their journey, the users can:
- Broadcast posts to blockchain social networks like Lens after minting and connecting an on-chain decentralized profile, for additional reach and immutability
- Have full ownership of one's social graph, on the protocol level, through the decentralized profile secured by the blockchain
- Showcase one's NFT collection
- Use various other on-chain assets to prove authenticity and credibility
- Create gated communities based on various rules and on-chain assets (in Q4-23)
To date, as of September 2023, Phaver’s app has received more than 250,000 downloads and accounts for a majority share of Lens protocol mobile app posts.
As an early pioneer of Web3 social, the platform is designed to help users cultivate their reputations within and across decentralized social networks, rewarding them with off-chain points for each constructive contribution they make to the platform. The points are convertible to tokens post-TGE via the app's token partner.
Phaver's goal is simple: deliver the most relevant feed for each user through incentivized curation & digital reputation.
Together with its community and partners, Phaver's vision is to capture the opportunity of building a more meritocratic and user-owned internet.
The platform's differentiation and business model vs. incumbent social media can be summarised as follows: